Assistant to the CFO
Columbia West Properties, Inc. and Pineapple Hospitality Company are looking for an accounting/auditing professional to serve as Assistant to our Chief Financial Officer (CFO).
Under general supervision, the Assistant to the CFO performs a wide variety of difficult, sensitive and confidential financial support functions and provides executive level support to the CFO. The Assistant to the CFO is responsible for analyzing policies, procedures, financial documents and contracts to ensure accuracy of expenditures, maximization of revenues, efficiency and effectiveness of operations, and compliance with federal, state and local regulations and laws.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
- Analyze monthly department budgeting and accounting reports to maintain expenditure controls and identify trends.
- Inspect account books and accounting systems for efficiency, effectiveness, and use of accepted accounting procedures to record transactions.
- Examine records and interview workers to ensure the recording of transactions in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Provide advice and technical assistance with cost analysis, fiscal allocation, and budget preparation.
- Examine budget estimates for completeness, accuracy, and conformance with procedures and regulations.
- Compile and analyze accounting records and other data to determine the financial resources required to implement new programs.
- Conduct risk assessments and develop audit programs and processes.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the system of internal controls and efficiency of operations.
- Review cost control procedures used for operating expenditures.
- Review the system of management controls in place to ensure that vendors and customers are in compliance with contracts.
- Examine and evaluate financial and information systems, recommending controls to ensure system reliability, data integrity and compliance with laws, regulations, and management policies.
- Prepare and provide detailed reports of asset utilization and audit results, and recommend corrective measures in areas needing improvement.
- Provide information to the CFO by compiling and summarizing data; preparing statistical reports; and making presentations of findings, analyses, and recommendations.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
Bachelors degree in business administration, math, statistics or related field.
Two years of audit or accounting experience is required.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to write contracts, reports, business correspondence, and operations manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from executives.
- Ability to apply concepts of algebra, geometry, probability and statistics. Ability to use mathematical formulas to calculate technical requirements.
- Strong computer literacy in Microsoft Office, including Word and PowerPoint. Excellent Microsoft Excel skills required.
- Strong general management skills, including attention to detail, time management, planning and organizing, critical thinking, decision making, problem solving, and delivery of results.
- Working knowledge of accounting and auditing principles/standards.
- Strong financial management skills, including budget management, expense control, forecasting and analysis of financial statements.
- Advanced data analysis skills, including extracting, compiling and transforming raw data into useful information to support business decisions.
- Ability to understand and apply industry-specific laws and regulations.
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Columbia West Properties proudly owns, manages and develops a variety of commercial, retail and hospitality properties in the Puget Sound area. We have been a Seattle based owned and operated company since our inception in 1988. This allows us to abide by strongly established company values: to always be strategic, decisive, passionate, candid and honest.
Our investment strategy is simple: Purchase well-located property, invest in the property to increase its value, charge market rates and provide exceptional tenant service. This is the Columbia West way. It has delivered amazing results.
Reply to this posting with your resume and cover letter. Alternatively, you may fax your cover letter and resume to 888-391-5121.